1. You must be of legal age to drive and produce a valid UK/Northern Ireland provisional Category B driving licence. If a photo card licence is held, card must be produced. If an older paper licence is held, then you must also produce a valid passport as photographic identification. From 8th June 2015 the counterpart is no longer needed but by signing this document you are confirming that there are no points on the licence and that your licence gives you the entitlement to drive or learn to drive.
For Motorway, Pass Plus or Refresher lessons a full valid licence must be produced with identification as above.
You must meet the minimum eye test requirements, which means you must be able to read a standard UK approved number plate at a minimum distance of 20.5 metres (67 feet). If you need to wear glasses or contact lenses in order to meet this requirement then you must wear them whenever you drive.
2. You must notify your instructor of any change of your ability or entitlement to have driving tuition, for example if your provisional licence has been revoked or for medical reasons such as epilepsy.
3. If you wish to cancel a lesson, a minimum of 48 hours notice must be given. Failure to give 48 hours notice will the result in the lesson(s) having to be paid for. Lessons can be cancelled by telephone or text message but must be acknowledged by your instructor.Repeat offenders will be asked to pay for all lessons in advance to show a commitment to learning to drive.
4. If your instructor turns up on time at the pre-arranged pick up point and you do not show your instructor will wait 10 minutes if there is no contact made between you. After 10 minutes they will leave and you will have to pay for the lesson.
5. Your instructor will endeavour to arrive on time however, due to unforeseen circumstances such as breakdown, accidents, traffic hold ups etc, lesson times may need to change or even be cancelled. If cancelled by your Instructor, no fee will be charged.
6. Lessons must be paid for in advance or at the time of the lesson by cash or cheque or by other electronic means. Your instructor will advise you to whom the cheque should be made payable or bank account where the deposit should be made.
7. You must not be under the influence of drugs/alcohol during the training. In the event of there being any signs of drugs/alcohol misuse, your instructor will withhold the use of the training vehicle for use of tuition or driving test until you are in a legal and fit state to drive. Any prescribed medication that may effect your driving should be declared to the instructor and to the DVLA medical board.
8. Should you fail to reach a satisfactory standard of driving and are likely to be a danger to other road users, or are in an unfit condition through substance or alcohol abuse as described above, the ADI has a responsibility to the DVSA examiners not to allow the use of the training vehicle for the purpose of the driving test. This is in the interest of the pupil, the examiner and other road users and is a precautionary safety measure. Driving Standards Agency guidelines do not allow for a pupil to take a practical test just for the experience, in addition from August 2021 the DVSA have implemented a new sanction to ADI’s where by presenting a candidate that have not reached the standard of passing the test with 5 minor faults or less should NOT be presented for the driving test. This will be the decision of your Driving Instructor and this again will result in the training vehicle not being allowed for the use of the driving test.
9. No responsibility can be taken for tests cancelled by the DVSA for whatever reason. Lessons will have to be paid for but can be claimed back from the DVSA. The instructor cannot be responsible if you fail because of the eyesight test. Your instructor will be responsible if the test is cancelled due to the condition of the tuition vehicle.
10) Driving test bookings must meet with the prior knowledge approval and agreement of your Driving Instructor….failure to do so may result in the instructor and car not being available for your test booking and any fees paid maybe lost which would be your responsibility and not the fault of the instructor or the company.
11)Some of our cars have video camera fitted for your safety…..at no time are the cameras recording your movements but fixed on the road.
Covid 19 Declaration
I hereby declare that during the last 14 days I:
Have not had a Cough, Fever, High Temperature, Sore Throat, Runny Nose, Breathlessness or Flu Like Symptoms.
Have not been diagnosed with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 infection.
Have not been a close contact of a person who is a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19.
Have not you been advised by a doctor to self isolate at this time.
Have not been advised by a doctor to cocoon at this time.
Do not live in the same household with someone who has symptoms of COVID-19?
Have not returned from a restricted country within the last 14 days.
And that I have
Washed and sanitised my hands before starting the lesson.
Will comply with any terms regarding to Personal Protective Equipment for the duration of the lesson.
I understand that this declaration forms part of the legally binding terms and conditions for Bristol Driving Lessons